How to Spend a Rainy Day, Local Style (Top 5 Recommendations)
In Japan, June is the Monsoon season. Many of the days are very
moist and humid. Therefore, it’s good to know ways to have fun in
Japan, even on a humid or rainy day. Here are my top 5
1. Why not purchase a fancy Umbrella?
The umbrellas have a chic design and appeal to a more mature crowd. A perfect
store for when you want to buy yourself, or someone else, a quality umbrella.
They can also do custom-made umbrellas!
Address: 6-10-1 Roppongi, Minato-ku, Tokyo
Roppongi Hills West Walk 4F
Store Hours: 11:00~21:00
2. Enjoy a thoughtful day at the National Art Center, Tokyo (in Roppongi)
Address: 7-22-2 Roppongi Minato-ku, Tokyo
Holidays: Every Tuesday, New Years
Access: Connected to Tokyo Metro Nogizaka station
3. Enjoy flowers that look especially beautiful on rainy days. (Only in June, Kamakura)
Access: 10 min walk from Kita-Kamakura station on the Yokosuka line
The hydrangea temple of Kamakura. Over 2,500 hydrangeas decorate the paths and temple grounds. Open 8:30am~5:00pm.
Adult: 500 Yen, Child: 300 Yen
4. Feel Japan’s rain as you relax in a heated pool or hotspring @ Enoshima Island Spa
Address: 2-1-6 Enoshima, Fujisawa, Kanagawa
Service options: Natural hot spring, heated pools, sauna, aromatherapy, body massage, etc.
Enospa is one of the best spas in the Tokyo area, receiving the certificate of excellence from Trip Advisor.
5. Receive special discounts and services
Keio Department Store http://info.keionet.com/shinjuku/event/rainservice01.html
Takashimaya Department Store