What is a “Pension” or Japanese Cottage Motel?

A Pension by any other name...

The Japanese have a type of accomodation that is called a "pension." It is much like a minshuku, another type of hotel, but the pension usually has a Western feel, while a minshuku is usually quite Japanese. In general, pensions are found in the countryside and are much like a bed and breakfast. Most pensions serve two meals, dinner after arrival and a simple breakfast the following morning.

by mikekato

You might also like